During the Rays’ Opening Day game against the Blue Jays, ESPN announcers did a side-by-side comparison of Chris Archer and Marcus Stroman, leading to an odd exchange in which Curt Schilling uses the telestrator to criticize Archer’s hair.

“Everything but this right here [is] Big League,” Schilling says as he circles Archer’s hair.

Here is the video.

Maybe Schilling was just joking. But considering his track record of questionable comments, it sounds more like Schilling is just out of touch with current styles, especially among those who do not share his same skin color.

1. zenny says:

Shilling is a windbag who should be ignored. /fin

2. Political_Man says:

Jeeze over react much? I mean, I get it... politicians are only funny if I agree with them. It doesn't mean I have to take offense to every harmless thing a person says.

Give it a rest and save it for the questionable things he says that you don't like. That goes for the comments below too.

3. Geoff Peterson says:

A fake bloody sock and ripping off state governments is mush more big league. Not to mention the ridiculous mullet Billy-Bob Schilling used to wear. What a tool! By the way Cork, Sporting News picked up on your comments. http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb-news/4700747-curt-schilling-chris-archer-hair-marcus-strohman-rays-blue-jays

• Joe Dunn says:

Schilling is out there sometimes for sure but I read an interview in PLayboy years ago and he is amazingly smart (as a ballplayer) Many young pitchers should read what he said. . . . . if the networks got rid of ALL the great ex-players that said dumb shit on TV they would have a HELP WANTED sign on their front door 24/7
      3 of the first ones to go would be Ray Lewis, Michael Irvin & Emmit Smith (oh wait, he was already fired)

• Geoff Peterson says:

So be a coach if you know baseball. No one ones to hear his paranoid Teabagger nonsense or his bigoted ramblings.

4. RAY says:

I can't stand Schilling and I'm a big Archer fan. But I agree his hair isn't Big League it's little league but who cares what I think, what Shilling thinks, or what you think. Archer likes it and that is all that matters. To bring race in to it is stupid!!!

5. CLIFFORD ECK says:

Archer is now 0 - 4, so it looks like Schilling is spot on. Archer was an off season swag master, but his performance proves he "is not big league". I think the reason is the same as has effected many other very good pitchers who are recruited by the Rays and then go bust .... the common link is Dick Hickey.

Over rated ... !