Red Sox 4, RAYS 2 (boxscore)
THE GOOD: None today
THE BAD: None today.
THE TELLING: Erik Bedard has been released. There is still a chance he could re-sign if he can’t find another job elsewhere…Ray Olmedo and Mayo Acosta have also been cut.
THE JUNKYARD DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- A lip reader went through some manager-umpire arguments from last year including two involving Joe Maddon. One was an incident we went through last year and was pretty obvious. The other just confirms that Maddon has a potty mouth. [Deadspin]
- Grantland previews the AL East using a familiar GIF. [Grantland]
- Here is an AL East preview from Yahoo! Sports. [Big League Stew]
- Here is an interesting ad from somebody looking for a “single attractive female” to go to a Rays game with them. [Busted Coverage]
- The Durham Bulls are going to wear R2-D2 jerseys for a game in May. [@DurhamBulls]
When Jose Molina hits a ball into one of the corners, do you think his first thought is “oh sh*t”?