Before we get to the links, there is a new website in the area, TampaBayBaseballMarket.com, which will take a closer look at the viability of the region to support baseball.
They already have several posts up looking back at attendance from the last few years. Check it out.
Some odds and ends…
- Fernando Rodney is now officially an ex-Ray as he has agreed to a 2-year, $14 million contract with the Mariners. The Mariners were considered a favorite since the beginning of the off-season because of Rodney’s good relationship with new Mariners manager Lloyd McClendon, from their days in Detroit. [MLBTR]
- Baseball Prospectus has released their first PECOTA projections for the 2014 MLB standings based on their statistical projections for the players (thanks, Dave). At this point, the Rays are projected to win 89 games tied with the Red Sox for best projection in the AL East. This is one of several statistical projections and as we get closer to the season we will once again compare all these projections and take a combined look at what the models think of the Rays. [BaseballProspectus]
- Jake Odorizzi spoke with Roger Mooney about the possibility of joining the rotation to start the season. [TBO.com]
- Miss football? Just want a laugh? Here are the best GIFs from the past season. [BI Sports]
- What the new CBS Thursday night deal means for the Bucs. [JoeBucsFan]