The Rays will play their fourth game in four different cities in the span of six days this afternoon. But don’t worry, Joe Maddon is not tired…
My gut says you start Price on Saturday, with Cobb on Monday and Archer on Tuesday, with Archer and Jeremy Hellickson available in the bullpen (leave Roberto Hernandez off the roster). If Archer is needed before Tuesday, then let Hellickson start the fourth game. But I also wouldn’t be opposed to Archer starting Saturday and pushing Price and Cobb to Monday and Tuesday.
Of course, this all changes if the Rays lose today. If that happens, Price in game two is a no-brainer.
THE JUNKYARD DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- Since 2004, the Braves have sold out 3 of 9 home playoff games after last night’s game. During that same period, the Rays have sold out 11 of 13.
- Here is audio from yesterday’s press conferences with Joe Maddon and Matt Moore. [RaysRadio]
- This is a must-read story for Rays fans on a day in the life of Joe Maddon. [ESPN]
- Joe Henderson has a column for the bandwagon Rays fans. [TBO.com]
- Here is a preview of the ALDS through the eyes of a Boston publication. [NESN]
- October is now officially the “Month of the Rays.” Aww, geez, thanks, Bill. [WTSP]
- Evan Drellich tries to explain why Matt Moore’s shutout at Fenway Park in July doesn’t matter now. [MassLive.com]
- Tom Verducci compares the Rays’ “system” to Bill Walsh’s west coast offense. [SI.com]
- Dodgers fans are having a hard time letting go of the pain inflicted by James Loney. [SportsOnEarth]
- Chuck Powell wants to know if the Diamondbacks can convince Joe Maddon to come manager their team. [ArizonaSports]
- The mascot that was fired by both the Rays and the Lightning is now writing a columns for Sports Illustrated. [SI.com]