I have already told you guys what I think about the postseason pregame studio show on TBS (unwatchable). One of the many problems as a Rays fan is that one of the regular faces at the desk is Dirk Hayhurst, who is writing a book that craps on the Rays and another regular contributor is Gary Sheffield, who blames the Rays for ending his career.

Does that seem like a fair and balanced approach to talking about the Rays and Red Sox?  I’ll let you guys be the judges. But first, watch this clip of Sheffield and the others discussing The Trop…

1. Drew says:

That’s some great analysis there…..haha

2. Gus says:

I guess “Shut it nerds” made the TBS folks feel like they had to get a convicted steroid loser like Shefield to balance out the coverage with Papi, Napoil et. al. juicing it up for Boston.

A win in this series would be the sweetest of all time. Unlikely, but I believe.

3. Geoff Peterson says:

How is the Trop any worse than that undersized firetrap in Boston with the little league dimensions and a double off the warehouse wall for any righty that can clear the infield with a popper?

4. edward williams says:

what do you all expect when you have olberman as lead dog, i turn on the radio when the game starts.

• Geoff Peterson says:

I have a bigger problem with the so-called panel of experts. A proven roider, a chickenshit Has-Been pitcher who never had to bat after plunking people for no reason, and a Never-Was pitcher who blames everyone else for his failure to stay in the majors.

5. Gus says:

It should be noted that when your own management denegrades the place, this is what happens.

I’d also note that the Rays and MLB have apparently not changed the ground rules for the playoffs (as they have in previous playoff seasons) which is a collosal oversight and mistake. A ball hitting the A and B catwalks should be a dead ball, just liek the speakers in the Astrodome and Metrodome.

6. Mark says:

On the radio, which was someone and Chris Singleton, someone said “the strange thing about the Trop is it was built for baseball”. And Singleton says derisively ” By who?”

7. Joke says:

Also, Sheffield has his facts wrong. Dome was already built before the whole Giants pursuit. I think they built out to get the White Sox.

8. JT says:

If the talking heads can only focus on trashing the Trop/our fan base that means The Rays are doing something right.

9. bw says:

Let’s all write poems about the trop.