The recipe for a Wil Myers home run…

Step 1: Hit the baseball really far

Step 2: Make an “I’m bored” face

Step 3: BAT FLIP!

1. Sublime says:

It wasn't the bag flip, but the I'm Off To See the Wizard leg kick that hilarious!

2. Scot says:

Giant announcers are impressed with Myers - very impressed, but Mike Krukow, pitcher of the 80's and 90'2, thought that the veterans would set Myers straight after Myers "admired" the hit too much. My guess is no.

However, and I'm pleased to see this; the other Giants announcer, Duane Kuiper, infielder (primarily 2nd base) of the 70s and 80s, stated he was not pleased with Giants outfielder Roger Kieschnick's take out kick of Escobar where Kieschnick's cleats end up above the knee of Escobar. Yes Kieschnick was near the bag, but I would have hoped the umps would have called the double play for a dangerous play. Isn't this something they have the capability of doing?

• KT says:

I live in the SF Bay Area so I was forced to watch the SF broadcast on TV as well (blacked out on my MLB.TV account due to locality)... They were indeed harping on the fact that they thought Myers was a showboat. It was clear that they were annoyed by getting beat by a confident rookie. They even went on a rant about it on the post game show and gave the player of the game award to Luke Scott's rat tail because they said Myers had too much swag. Very amateur hour broadcasters, which makes me very happy to have the broadcast and radio team that we have with the Rays. Go Myers! Go Rays!

Also- I believe Longo is on his way out of his funk. The 2 consecutive walks on Saturday seemed to lead to him having an improved plan and vision of the strike zone.

3. Lyd says:

Elaine Benes kick!

4. RoadDogRuss says:

The kid will be wearing cowhide before it's all said and done.

5. Beth says:

That leg kick was more awkward than showboat-y, I think.

But honestly, what are you supposed to do with the bat? Don't you have to toss it down after you hit the ball?

6. Brian says:

I'm a Dodger fan and I must say that was pretty epic. I'd personally be more mad about the home run than the "showboating" but it's hard not to believe that if Yasiel Puig had done that he'd be getting crucified right now, especially by the classless Giants commentators.