Here is the epic home run call by Hawk Harrelson of Kelly Johnson’s home run. It was the second of back-to-back home runs following Jose Molina’s home run.

The entire call is “it’s 3-0,” followed by about 22 seconds of silence befoer Steve Stone finally says something. It was actually 57 seconds until Hawk Harrelson said another word…

1. Blake says:

Why do you use Telly it's so much harder to view that way

• Mr. Smith 1980 says:

What part was hard, the part where you push the play button?

• Bill says:

Depends upon what device you're on. I ipad it wants to force you to download an app. Guess I'll be skipping any articles on here that include a video from now on. Not quite responsive design, Cork.

• Blake says:

Yeah I'm on an iPad and I guess you can do it my Telly its fine its just a little out of the way for some people, but I'd rather have hat than nothing

2. Scot says:

Another example of how Hawk is better than Staats.

3. Geoff Peterson says:

I can almost understand being a homer but at least do your job and tell the audience what's going on. Isn't that where the term play-by-play comes from? With that said, Harrelson is really too much of a homer to be a TV announcer. If it weren't for these long stretches of pouty silence, I'd say his homerism would be better suited to radio. It's probably time for him to get the hell out instead, especially given his over the top umpiring rants in the last few years.

4. Dave L says:

Forgive my ignorance but isnt Hawk the 'color' guy? Usually the jock is the color guy and the professional broadcasting guy does the play by play like Dewayne and whoever Harrelsons partner is.

Hawk and BA are sort of the opposite spectrum of color commentators. One the ultimate homer and the other where its just a stepping stone to a national gig. I think BA is on the fast track to Fox, they use him on every national Rays broadcast lately.

I think there is room in MLB for both types. The ones wanting Hawk gone are usually not Chisox fans to begin with.