As we mentioned earlier today, the Rays put together a tribute video for James Shields’ first return to the Trop as a member of the Royals. Here is the video. And below you can see video of Shields’ reaction to the video…

Shields’ reaction…

1. kyle harris says:

This made me cry... :'(

2. JJ says:

Note that James showed a lot of emotion (aka Archer) during that clip. Hopefully Chris can also channel that emotion into wins as Big Game did. He'll remain one of my favorite Rays.

3. Jeff Parker says:

Very nice.

4. Allen says:

Here's thinking that instead of being 2-6, he'd be 6-2 with the Rays. I'm glad the classy guy is making lots of money, but I do wish he was doing it in a Rays uniform.

Now if only our replacement guys could get it together: Price, Moore, Cobb and Hellickson (aka, Sonnanstine). I don't know what's happened to our pitchers, but they are hurting us.

Something has been very wrong with Moore since he started that game in Cleveland and pitched only one inning due to rain.

5. Mr.Smith 1980 says:

See Carl Crawford, that's what happens when you don't trash the team/fans that loved you on your way out of town... Guarantee you that a big part of Shields wishes he were still with the Rays... but business is business.

• Smithkey says:

Don believes life revolves around money. As far as "success" after the Rays, Crawford hit .255 in 2011 and .282 in just 32 games last year and is already on the DL this year. I would say that the Rays did the right thing by letting him go and Crawford did right by taking the money.

Smith was just referring to the reaction by the fans because Crawford acted like a complete douche when he left town.

6. Mr. Smith 1980 says:

The pissing match ends here, but just for the record, I had more success before I was 25 than you did when you purportedly "retired" at age 60.
    Fact.

Now, at the still young age of 32, I can almost guarantee that I've more than doubled any accomplishment you think you achieved in twice the time.