The GBT – The Good, The Bad and The Telling sandwich, where The Bad is nice and lean and the The Telling is ripe.
Jays 4, RAYS 3 (boxscore)
No GBT today.
THE JUNKYARD DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- The Rays have a 38.2% chance of making the playoffs. [CoolStandings]
- The Rays have shuffled their rotation. [TampaBay.com]
- Evan Longoria said his legs felt bad early in the season, but that he is feeling better now. [TampaBay.com]
- The Rays are one of several teams showing interest in recently-released reliever Jordan Norberto, who is rehabbing an elbow injury. [MLBTR]
- The Toronto Star wonders if ex-Blue Jays players like Kelly Johnson and Yunel Escobar benefit from fans booing them. [Toronto Star]
- Will Leitch says everything we compliment Joe Maddon for, people were complimenting Tony LaRussa for the same things in the 80s. Sure, both managers think outside the box. But it seems to me that is where the similarities stop. [SportsOnEarth]
- ESPN is laying off hundred of employees. Why? This is why. [BI Sports]
- The Spyder’s Web takes on Yunel Escobar’s home run celebration. [YouTube]
DOWN ON THE FARM…
MONTGOMERY. no game scheduled.
Great Lakes @ BOWLING GREEN. double-header postponed