USATSI_7238166_154511044_lowresThe GBT – The Good, The Bad and The Telling sandwich, where The Bad is nice and lean and the The Telling is ripe.

White Sox 5, RAYS 2 (boxscore)

No GBT today

THE JUNKYARD DOGS WEBTOPIA

• Luke Scott went 0-4 in his second rehab start for Charlotte. He struck out once.
  • Evan Longoria spoke with James Shields to clear the air over Longo’s recent comments questioning Shields’ locker room attitude. [TampaBay.com]
  • Carl Crawford on his time in Boston: “Every time I think about it, I cringe.” [USA Today]
  • Josh Freeman over Andrew Luck? [JoeBucsFan]

DOWN ON THE FARM

Toledo 9, DURHAM 7. Chris Archer had a rough night, giving up 6 runs (5 earned) in 5 innings, including 3 home runs. He struck out 6 and walked 2…Wil Myers was 2-4 with a double and his 2nd home run. He is hitting .338.

MONTGOMERY 11, Birmingham 3. Jake Thompson struck out 6 and walked 2 in 4 innings. He gave up 5 hits and allowed 2 unearned runs…Cameron Seitzer was 4-4 with a double. He drove in 3…Mikie Mahtook was 1-4 and stole his 5th base.

Fort Myers 5, CHARLOTTE 3. Luke Scott DH’d and went 0-4 with a strikeout…Drew Vettleson was 1-4 with a strikeout…Richie Shaffer hit his second home run of the season, a solo shot.

BOWLING GREEN 4, Burlington 2. 2B Thomas Coyle hit his second home run and also added a triple.

Tags

1. Mr. Smith 1980 says:

Fuld is now batting .156. His defense cannot justify his roster spot any longer… he may well be the roster spot that disappears when Scott comes back (considering that Escobar isn’t DL’d by then).

You think Longoria FINALLY realized he has to face Shields Tuesday?
    He’s such a chickensh_t, He tweeted shields,ain’t that nice, how about a phone call Mr. “Leader”…. Plunk Him anyway Shields but instead of in the ear, like you were going to do, Hit Him in the ass, He’ll be out for a month…
    don’t hear much Carl Crawford chatter lately…. Hes back to his lifetime avg. of .300 after two years of injuries and suffering thru War Torn Boston….
    Wish you were back CC…. but we got Fuld he catches Fly balls… you get gold gloves….sorry Rays can’t pay you…… but Dodgers (Mr. Magic) Will

• Mr. Smith 1980 says:

So let me get this straight- you openly posted that you want Shields (a former Ray) to put Longoria (current Ray) on the DL? Your genuine hatred toward a team you claim to be a fan of can no longer be denied…

When are you gonna get a flippin’ clue? There was no circumstance by which the Rays could have kept CC. They would have had to gut the team, including your (not-so) secret crush Zobrist… then you’d be on here complaining that Zobrist, Shields, Price, etc were all gone and all we had was Crawford…. you disgust me with your piss-poor attitude and complete disregard for the English language!

• Don says:

Anyone who has EVER played sports (your problem in commenting) knows if you open your Mouth you better back it up, in Football he (longoria) woud get his head handed to him in the next game after his comments, in basketball he would get an elbow to the nose every other rebound, In baseball he better duck, Sorry Coach but that life in the “biggs”
        Let me ask again Dave L, Kt….. Keppinger or Scott? Rays better or worse?,Cost the same,I don’t need a computer, I can tell you, but let me hear your opinion……

• Don Jr. says:

Dad, Luke Scott not playing is better than Jeff Keppinger batting .202/.198/.226

…You should know that…

• Don says:

SON..Mr Smiths kid will teach you….hes still trying to figure out if Scott not playing is better than Kepp. hitting .200, (last night didn’t help him decide) KT and Dave will help him, figure out who knows best…..your Dad

• Dave L says:

Cost the same? I hope someone else in your house pays the bills because you are clueless when it comes to simple math.

• Mr. Smith 1980 says:

I lettered in 3 sports in high school and was smarter than you by the time I was in 3rd grade. Actually, now that I think of it, my 8 year old son, who is currently in 2nd grade, has a better grasp of the English language than you- in fact, it’s not even close.

I love getting in these cute little squabbles with you because each time you try to fight back you further convince any poor soul who happens to read them of exactly how ignorant you truly are. I do however miss the days when I had the restraint to abstain from wasting my time with you- I will give you credit for that- you have successfully gotten under my skin much more effectively than anyone else.

• Don says:

Any of those sports baseball,basketball , I know not football, So I’m guessing Soccer, Tennis, Bad mitten, No hitting in those games was there? Theres a
            Dirtbag Jr. I Love it

• Mr. Smith 1980 says:

You “know” I didn’t play football just like you “know” what the Rays players and front office are doing/thinking…

I can assure you with some level of certainty that I can play any sport you name better at age 32 then you ever played… But again, I’m reminded of the old saying that reminds us to be careful when arguing with a fool because from a distance it’s hard to tell who’s who… I’ve come down to your level for long enough.

• Bill says:

I lettered in one sport in high school, baseball. I went to college free to play it. In fact, I was drafted out of high school by the Reds and passed on their offer. But that doesn’t mean I know baseball any better than Don. Just ask him.

Longo would get his head handed to him in football? Is that the Don of equivalent of “my dad can bear up your dad”?

• KT says:

You also said the Rays were blowing it by not signing Keppinger to a 3 year deal. Look at how well he’s done. Your computer must constantly give you ID-10-T error messages huh Budman?

• Bill says:

No way a real person possesses as many bad qualities as we see in our buddy Don. I’m going back to my theory that he is really Cork Gaines’ alter ego and that he does this to stir up activity. No way any one is that dark, stupid and narcissistic all at the same time. Usually ignorance is bliss.

3. Dave L says:

Its pretty ironic that Keppinger who has been in a complete funk since opening day gets an RBI against us and scores to boot. How can a guy go 21 games without walking once? .226 slugging out of 3rd base? Ouch

X-rays always seem to kill us the first time back even the mediocre ones.

3 years $12 million? Good luck Chisox. Jury is still out of course but its not off to a good start. Friedman’s tight budget never allows him room to make up for such mistakes so he doesn’t.

Looks like possibly he could turn it around,hopefully he will he seems like a good guy but we got his best year at $1.5, must be missing Shelton?

At least the Rays Index resident troll is happy

4. Gus says:

The game was over as soon as I saw the first shot of JoMa with that ridiculous Elmer Fudd baseball hat. The Rays record when Maddon dons that hat must be 1-35. It is telling your team — gee, it is really cold here, and we’re a long way from the Trop and if we lose, we’ll the conditions are an excuse.

He looks like a bundled up child at the bus stop . . .

• Rob says:

I can’t decide if he looks like a character from the movie Fargo or if he looks like a bigger version of the kid who stuck his tongue on a frozen flag pole in the movie A Christmas Story.