Playing A Little Pepper

The Rays are now 2-8 on the road, the worst road record in the AL…The Rays are the only team in baseball in which the starting picther has worked at least 5 innings in every game…In 234 career games, Desmond Jennings has committed just 1 error, and none since 2011…Kelly Johnson, who hadn’t played outfield before this season since 2005, is tied for the AL lead with 4 outfield assists.

Game Graph

[Will be up at game time]

Source: FanGraphs

Lineup…

1. Flash Jennings, CF
  2. Sam Fuld, RF
  3. Ben Zobrist, 2B
  4. Evan Longoria, 3B
  5. Matt Joyce, LF
  6. Yunel Escobar, SS
  7. James Loney, 1B
  8. Jose Molina, C
  9. Kelly Johnson, DH
  10. , SP

1. Kyle Harris says:

Hey that's not the Line-up. it is.
    Joyce rf,
    Roberts 2b,
    Zobrist SS,
    longoria 3b,
    Loney 1b,
    s-rod LF,
    Johnson DH,
    Molina c,
    fuld cf,
    Hernandez p

• Dave L says:

Thanks for the edit Kyle. MLB LDaily Lineups has that too.

Got my hopes up that Escobar was back.

Joyce leading off? Tied with Yunel for lowest OBP on the team and he's batting first?

His only memorable plays of the year were his 2 Homers and 2 bunts against the shift. Hope this works.

• Kyle Harris says:

I know but the reason Maddon put him there is the thought of him heating up, just like he did with longo the other year!

2. OriginalTom says:

Joyce does have a career .351 OBP against Righties.

3. Gus says:

1-4 with a 5.28 in 5 starts. When does fuasto experiment end. He'd be much better off in pen.

• Mr.Smith 1980 says:

He's making it hard for me to continue to be a Fauberto apologist...

• Rob says:

Hate to say I told you so, but I predicted he would start the year 1-4 with a 5+ ERA and you said, "I predict your prediction is just ridiculous." I thought he would have some no decisions thrown in there and it would take him a few games longer, but he beat my expectations.

4. OriginalTom says:

I think you need to give Hernandez more than 5 starts. David Price is 0-2 with a 5.40 ERA. Cole Hames is 0-2, 5.52 and Matt Cain is at 0-3, 6.59 all worse than Hernandez. By the way Archer has an ERA of 5.08.

Noname is on a roll, he'll win tonight for sure, Hes better than Niemann...wait see

• Mr.Smith 1980 says:

He pitched yesterday (4/26), dummy. The time stamp on your comment shows that you made it today and you're sarcastically saying that he'll win tonight..., so it's another great example of how much of a finger you have on the pulse of Rays' baseball... moron.

• Don says:

Ok I think No name will win tonight, Ok, really I'm not sure what night he will win, but before Price I'm pretty sure of that
        You need to apologize for a lot of dumb stuff, but we Love you Coach

6. Dave L says:

Fausto's not as good at this point that I had hoped and I'm sure the Rays brass agrees. Each of his starts are like Chinese water toture drip drip drip of runs crossing the plate.

They took a chance on him for 2 reasons.

1) They werent confident Niemann would hold up. - and he didnt they were right about that.

2) They dont think Archer is ready just yet. - Its not about whether or not he could pitch better than RH now. Its about the long term. The Rays have an excellent track record of developing starting pitchers.

He's getting more starts no matter what.

• Don says:

The BRASS agrees with YOU, I'm not sure who's more embarassed but I would say them 1st, YOU 2nd, Dirtbag & Maddon tied for 3rd...

7. Dave L says: