- The Rays held their annual charity golf tournament and both Ben Zobrist and Joe Maddon wore some magnificent pants (via MLB.com).
- Here is a fascinating read on Juan Sandoval, a non-roster invitee in camp with the Rays. He is a pitcher. He is also blind in one eye after being shot. [Yahoo! Sports]
- I guess we have just become used to Luke Scott’s antics, because when I first heard Scott brought a boar’s head into the lockerroom as a kind of “Show and Tell,” my first thought was just “Luke being Luke.” But then the story blew up. So if you haven’t seen the picture, here it is. [TampaBay.com]
- Matt Joyce spent the off-season studying the swings of some of the all-time greats. [MLB.com]
- Alfonso Soriano said he is willing to be traded to “six or seven” teams in the “east or center” of the country. Remember, the Cubs will be willing to eat a lot of his contract, but only if they get good prospects in return. [ESPN]
- We have already mentioned which Rays are on Baseball America’s “Top 100 Prospects” list, but now we have the full list. [Baseball America]
- We spoke about Alex Cobb yesterday, and now Toby David offers some thoughts on the fourth spot in the rotation. [TobyDavid]