We knew Elliot Johnson was a long-shot to remain with the Rays organization this year, but that doesn’t mean it is not sad to see him go. In addition to being one of those easy-to-root-for underdogs as an undrafted free agent, he was also one of the more colorful characters on the team. Here are just a few of our favorite memories. Feel free to add some more in the comments…
- There was the time he impersonated Tim Kurkjian on ESPN.
- Poor Elliot, he was not good at sliding into home.
- One of which really messed up his face.
- There was the time we found a picture of him in single-A and he looked like he was 12.
- And the game in which EJ played catch with some fans in the parking lot before the game.
- He was always having fun, as we saw when he sang Usher with BJ Upton.
- Of course, I was always fond of how similar he looked to Garth Algar.