Wednesday was Photo Day for the Rays, an annual tradition in Major League Baseball where every player and coach in camp pose for some professional photographs. Fortunately, it doesn’t look like there were any incidents like the one three years ago when Pat Burrell acted like a 12-year old. Here is this year’s group…

[imagebrowser id=154]

1. Joe D. says:

Prof, Separated at birth Matt Moore and Wilson (from Home Improvement, Tim the Tool Man Taylor’s next door neighbor)?

• Cork Gaines says:

Good one. I also thought it was ironic (intentional?) that the one guy on the team known for his big bright teeth has his mouth covered.

• Joe D. says:

lol, and the whole mismatch of where the A in Rays falls, it just looks horrible, most notably on Jack Cust’s picture, also I’m assuming these pictures, at least some of them, were taken early in the morning, roughly a third of the guys look about half awake.

2. Pat May says:

Coach Joe’s the only one that doesn’t look comfortable in his “stance.”

3. Sarah says:

What did they do to Alex Cobb to make him look so glum?

And will Longoria have to pose for a photo when he returns, or can they just recycle one from last year?

4. Dave L says:

Wow I didnt know the story of Juan Sandoval. The picture made me google it. How can you not root for that guy

5. Zach says:

Shelley Duncan’s pic gives me the creeps.

6. Morgan says:

Very scary pictures. Will Myers is especially un-photogenic. Liked Hellickson and Matt Moore’s pictures, though – and a couple of others. My main concern as I was going through the pictures – holy cow – me might suck. I know these are minor leaguers, but jeez!

7. Sandy Clayton says:

Joe Maddon! Good glasses this year, but I still like the Hugo Boss specs.

I could walk right pass 60% of them on the street and have no idea they are a (current) Ray..oh well ever year a new class..

9. Geoff Peterson says:

2 Observations:

Could Brandon Guyer be any whiter?

Jake McGee looks like he could be Marla Hooch’s brother (From A League of Their Own)

10. formattedfire says:

New Rays Index format, same old Don (the pseudo Yankees fan who masquerades as a Rays fan) I see. :)