Baseball America has unveiled their list of the top ten prospects in the Rays organization and Chris Archer is on top. Here’s the top ten, along with their highest level, and ranking last year in parantheses…
- Chris Archer, SP, MLB (3) — 6th round, 2006 (CLE)
- Taylor Guerrieri, SP, low-A (4) — 1st round, 2011
- Hak-Ju Lee, SS, double-A (2) — undrafted, 2009 (CHC)
- Alex Colome, SP, triple-A (5), — undrafted, 2008
- Richie Shaffer, 3B, low-A (NR) — 1st round, 2012
- Enny Romero, SP, single-A (8) — undrafted, 2009
- Blake Snell, SP, low-A (20) — 1st round, 2011
- Tim Beckham, 2B/SS, triple-A (7) — 1st round, 2008
- Derek Dietrich, 2B, double-A (NR) — 2nd round, 2010
- Drew Vettleson, OF, single-A (9) — 1st round, 2010
Of the ten prospects, there is a good mix of pitchers and non-pitchers, as five are starting pitchers, down from six in 2012. And if we consider Archer to be in triple-A, three of the prospects are in triple-A, two are in double-A, and the other five are in single-A or lower.
As we do every year, we will collect these lists and come up with an overall look at the Rays top prospects sometime in January or February.