The Republican National Convention welcome party was held at Tropicana Field last week and apparently Evan Longoria made a short video welcoming everybody. And It is probably just me, but with the odd camera angle, which is both looking up at Longo and zoomed in on his face (0:20 mark), all I can see is his scruff. Which I am sure will be fine for some of you…

Evan Longoria Welcoming for RNC with music from A Media Marketing on Vimeo.

1. Geoff Peterson says:

Video doesn't work

2. Geoff Peterson says:

Never mind, no error message on my second try

3. Andy says:

Mmmmmmm, I could look up at his scruff all day!!!! :P

4. smelp says:

I'd hit it.

5. don says:

What is it with baseball players wanting to look like Clint Eastwood, they are not tough,esp. Longoria....looking like that he could walk down Dale Mabry,and look like the rest of the bums in Tampa, nobody would recognize him...

6. Dave L says:

So far Longo has two that prefer him clean shaved and two that like the rough hewn look.

Im agnostic on this one. I just like to see him on third with a glove.

• smelp says:

To be honest, I will take him any way. But utlimately, I prefer him on third like you. Baseball first. Looks second. That's how I roll.

• Andy says:

Totally agree w/Smelp here!!! + LOVE seeing him w/hands held high -- fists or jazz hands -- roundin 3rd w/a gorgeous smile & joggin toward home (w/or w/o a crowd of teamates waitin on him)!!!! :D

Nothing like a $49mil contract to make the girls forget about looks.....

• smelpy says:

As a chick that considers Baseball Prospectus her Bible and follows/studies/watches the sport avidly.... I'm going to say don't be so quick to judge. Sorry someone that is actually good and on my fav team happens to be attractive.

8. Andy says:

Don, bad assumption! Actually, 2. Didn't even think @ $$$!! And, this admirer of Senor Scruff is DEFINITELY NOT a 'girl' - or female, for that matter!! ;-)

• don says:

Are you sure..I guess Mmmmmmmmmmmm fooled me...but Longo could go both ways...not out of the question for a California boy

• Andy says:

Male admirers of Longo (or any man/men) can say "Mmmmmmm" while we lick our chops :P If u think about it, it can even make more sense for us, if u catch my drift :P Maybe "Woof" might have been less confusing, tho I've never heard it used outside our community.

And, my admiration offers no indication/insinuation of which side of the fence Longo is on, since I have no idea :( Just an indication of his appeal to me :P :P