This post, which will appear before every game, will include starting lineups (when we learn them) and during the game will include a Game Graph that will constantly update the percent chance the Rays have of winning this particular game.

Playing A Little Pepper

Evan Longoria is not in the lineup tonight for the Durham Bulls, is this bad news?

According to Marc Topkin, Longoria is “sore” and will take today and tomorrow off. The fact that he is taking two straight days tells me it is his hamstring that is sore, and not just general haven’t-played-in-a-while soreness. At this moment, Longo is expected to play on Thursday, and as Topkin speculates, a Friday return to the Rays is unlikely. However, if Longoria is not in the lineup on Thursday, it will be time to start getting scared again. In the meantime…CROSS YOUR FINGERS

Game Graph

[Will be up at game time]

Source: FanGraphs

Lineup…

1. Flash Jennings, LF
  2. BJ Upton, CF
  3. Ben Zobrist, 2B
  4. Jeff Keppinger, 3B
  5. Carlos Pena, 1B
  6. Sean Rodriguez, SS
  7. Matt Joyce, DH
  8. Jose Lobaton, C
  9. Sam Fuld, RF
  10. James Shields, SP

Song to get you pumped up

Tags

1. Joe says:

This has gotten so overblown. Evan was off for 3 months so he feels a little sore but by the way, this was a scheduled day off and tomorrow, Durham doesn't even play. He will return August 4th, I wish I could place a bet on that.

He hasn't had a setback, he's just showing what we already knew, Evan wont be 100% until 2013.

• Cork Gaines says:

Well, if there was hope that he could return on Friday, and now that is unlikely, that is a setback. Maybe it is a very small setback. But it is a setback.

Maybe I missed it, has any media type asked Maddon "why he is not hitting Pena 2nd anymore" I'm sure Joe would say "OH he just wasn't doing the job the last 6 weeks or so and we were losing too many games, but finally a light bulb came on and I move him down, now hes doing better....see how smart I am"

3. angry buddha says:

I'm rooting for Longo to be in Durham on Friday... because I have tickets. Then, after a 3-HR game (one of which I catch and he signs), he heads back to the big club and leads the team to a WS victory.

I don't ask for much.

• Beth says:

Well, you should certainly stand out, because if I recall correctly you now have a tattoo on your face in honor of Matsui's DFA, right?

4. don says:

Your probably right Maddon, doesn't read this sight but you would be surprised how much players and Managers know about what is being said about them in "social media",they only get the sugar coated stuff from our media, but in NY, Boston, PHilly,ect. they would hear it first hand..
    Maddon knew he was taking heat about Pena, main reason he didn't change earlier...so you can blame guys like me...