We had some fun with this last year, so why not do it again. Below you will see several totals for the 2012 season (click the <Read More> link). Your job is simply to predict whether the actual number at the end of the year will be OVER or UNDER the predicted number.
Just submit your entries to our TIPS address (tips at raysindex.com). If you prefer, you can leave your answers in the comments below (easiest thing to do is just copy/paste the list below into an email or the comments and add your guesses to the end of each).
We will give you guys until Monday night at midnight to make your guesses. And if you make your guesses and want to change them later, just indicate that it is an update.
The winner will receive a $50 gift card to the online shop of your favorite baseball team…
- Number of different batting orders (Joe Maddon used 130 in 2010): 130.5
- Number of times the Rays will allow less than 2 hits in a game: 1.5
- Number of times the Rays offense will have less than 2 hits in a game: 1.5
- Home runs for Evan Longoria: 35.5
- Complete games for James Shields: 7.5
- Saves for Wade Davis: 1.5
- Stolen bases for Desmond Jennings: 49.5
- Starts for Tim Beckham with the Rays: 4.5
- Joe Maddon ejections: 3.5
- Players named to the AL All-Star team: 2.5
- First-place votes for Evan Longoria in the AL MVP voting: 0.5
- Sellouts at Tropicana Field: 4.5
- Wins for the Rays: 92.5
- Tiebreaker: What will be the Rays average attendance in 2012 (they averaged 18,878 in 2011)?
OK, you guys know what to do.