David Price, do you have something you would like to explain to the folks at home?

Take it away (via TampaBay.com)…

Which 25 yo. "super athlete" do you think has more minor injuries longoria or price..when I was 25yo. you couldn't hurt me with a hammer..I went to work everyday...just saying maybe a crying towel??

2. Big D says:

Lol he must have been on some strong medicine he sounds and looks kind of high.

3. angrybuddha says:

This is a home diagnosis, but I'm sure I'm not the only guy to notice that Price is a completely different person on the days he starts than when he's cheering from the bullpen. I'm convinced he's got some form of ADD or ADHD. He stays off the meds on his off days, which is why he's always chattering, joking, cuttin' up in the dugout: more or less being everything we like about him. But I figure he's got to be all loaded up on Ritalin (or the like) on the days he pitches, which allows him to focus (and then be the dominant pitcher he is... that other thing we like about him)...

... but that stuff also turns him into the sleepy/boring/seemingly drugged-out automaton we see in the video.

• Sarah says:

Don't know about the drug part (and do players get tested for Ritalin? Is it allowable with a prescription?), but I share your armchair psychology diagnosis of Price as a poster child for some sort of hyperactivity disorder. I came to this conclusion after "following" him on Twitter for a few days. I was exhausted just reading his tweets, which seem to start at 6am and end at 1 am. I don't know how he does it.

This is not a criticism, mind you -- I find him endearing, and his ability to be a goofball 80% of the time and then turn into a completely focused competitor is really impressive.

• KillaTapes says:

First thing I thought when i saw this was, "Damn he seems high, on something". But he does go on to say he got something for the pain from the training staff so it could be as simple as that.

I often wondered about Ritalin and the like. They are very powerful meds that really give you an edge when you have to focus. But they're legal if prescribed, so I wonder if that's enough to make them allowable in baseball?

• s says:

Ritalin is completely fine in pro sports with Dr's approval. It is basically "speed" or "legal meth" and is a brain stimulent. A lot of players are on it as a "helper" and really don't have ADD or ADHD, yet MLB can't do anything about it. It is banned by WADA. Adderall is another popular one, that MLB allows with a "note"!

The number of players of players with ADD or ADHD increase 400% in a single year. Players in MLB that have been diagnosed with ADD or ADHD is as much as 8x the normal adult population. A little fishy huh? It is a PED.

• s says:

The players in the NFL are supposedly loading up on Ritalin, not only for PED purposes, but also to help hide concussions. It basically speeds up activity in the front part of the brain, thus hiding the symptoms of a basic concussion test.

• angrybuddha says:

Good stuff, "s".

I guess what I'm saying is that I don't want David on the mound for Game 5 of the WS at the Trop this fall. When we're up in the series 3-1 and winning that game 11-3 in top of the 9th, three outs away from lifting the trophy, I want him in the dugout bouncing off the walls.

4. Leighroy says:

I used to shave my head pretty close, and this has happened to me before. Maybe not to the degree that it was too painful to go pitch for a few innings, but uncomfortable for the rest of the night.

Not a completely ridiculous occurrence. Towels catch on stubble all the time. You take it out of context tho, it can sound ridiculous.