RAYS (no game)
With the Rays not scheduled to play on Monday, Jeremy Hellickson started in a minor league game in order to stay on normal four days rest.
And with the Rays making the long trip to Jupiter today, look for some of the Rays bigger names to stay back and play in a minor league game today. That will likely include BJ Upton who could play for the first time since colliding with Desmond Jennings on a flyball.
But even without a game, the Rays were still busy, sending their latest wave of players back to minor league camp. Those demoted included SS Tim Beckham, OF Brandon Guyer, utility-dude Stephen Vogt, and pitchers Matt Bush and Dane de la Rosa. There is a very good chance we will see five of these players with the Rays at some point this season.
THE JUNKYARD DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- One of our favorite local radio personalities, Bobby Fenton, will be on the air this morning and tomorrow from 6:00-9:00 AM on 620 WDAE.
- Tim Beckham is taking the same path that helped previous shortstop prospects get to the big leagues with the Rays. [TBO.com]
- We were in Omaha all weekend, so we are a little late on this, but here is Joe Maddon speaking with Whitney Johnson on ESPN 1040. [ESPNFlorida]
- This really isn’t news to Rays fans. The Rays are always looking for a catcher. [MLBTR]
- A detailed look at the Rays roster along with some breakdown of the numbers suggests that the Rays are projected to win 93 games. And that is on the conservative side. [ESPN]
- But…here is what could happen to keep the Rays from winning 93 games. [ESPN]
- Here’s a review of what the Rays added and
lost this off-season. [MLBTR]
- Here’s a story on Ben Zobrist and his singing wife. [TampaBay.com]
- Tim Tebow! The Bucs! Nahhhh. [JoeBucsFan]
- The Shoppacopter lives! [News-Press.com]
- Here’s Joe Maddon’s catchphrase for 2012. [TampaBay.com]