Game 162 of the 2011 season will always carry a special place in the hearts of Rays fans. But just as importantly that night, the Orioles beat the Red Sox. And Luke Scott, who was on the Baltimore club, spoke with Bill Chastain about how much he enjoyed ending the Red Sox season

The outspoken Scott is not a fan of Red Sox fans, making the events of Sept. 28 even more special…”It was awesome, just a beautiful thing…Just their arrogance…The fans come in and they take over the city. They’re ruthless. They’re vulgar. They cause trouble. They talk about your family. Swear at you. Who likes that? When people do that, it just gives you more incentive to beat them. Then when things like [the last game of last season] happen, you celebrate even more. You go to St. Louis — classiest fans in the game. You do well, there’s no vulgarity. You know what? You don’t wish them bad…The clubhouse afterward was like we’d just won the World Series — a lot of celebrating, a lot of high emotions…Everybody’s giving high-fives, then all of a sudden [Longoria] homers…Everybody’s in the clubhouse and it’s like, Bam! And we’re like, ‘Go home Boston! Pack your bags. See you next year’…I got to see a priceless thing driving back to my apartment…I see all the Boston fans walking around, and I mean they were crying crocodile tears. People were like this, walking side by side…It was like someone shot their dog. I rolled down the window and I’m like, ‘Ah, hah, sucks doesn’t it, when someone laughs or makes fun of you when things aren’t going your way.”

Wow. Just wow.

If you recall, we even gave Buck Showalter a mea culpa last September. And we were in awe over how excited the Orioles fans were following the game.

1. Michael says:

Luke Scott is my kind of guy.

Hates Boston fans, and carries hunting spears.

10/10, would see again

2. Kyle says:

LOL I like this guy

3. KillaTapes says:

This is amazing.

4. Dre says:

I have to say, i was not super excited about the signing of Scott this year. but if he continues to harness his crazy for the goodness of insulting boston and their fans, he could be a great addition and this could be a fantastic year

5. Grace says:

Enjoyed this.

6. OriginalDevilRaysFan says:

Take it from a Ray’s fan stuck up here in O’s country, when the Rays signed Scott I was psyched. When healthy, Luke Scott can flat out hit. Hit for power, hit for avg., drive in runs and get on base. A big improvement over Damon at DH from my point of view. Also, I have to believe, as intelligent as Friedman and Maddon are, they had to speak to Scott’s docs and a few of their own, and got the all clear on the shoulder. As far as the hate for Red $ox nation goes, Luke comes by it honestly. You think it gets bad at the Trop when the Sox are in town, you should see Baltimore. It’s like Boston-South. It must be the proximity to New England that brings the arrogant pricks out of the woodwork, but trust me, all O’s fans and players despise Red $ox nation. The Ray’s paid for Scott’s bat, but get the hate free. Hate is good. Especially when it’s hate for the $ox. You guys are gonna love Luke Scott.

Think I seen that guy on S. Dale Mabry with a cup and a viet nam cap…or maybe it was just a look- a- like…not sure?