OK, it was more fun when we were just putting the pieces together, but somebody actually went and asked Evan Longoria if he is dating Jaime Edmondson. He said yes. And it sounds kinda serious.
On a “why does this flippin’ matter?” note, we have a couple of thoughts…
First of all, this seems like more of a national story than a local one. To us, he is just Longo, and if Dirtbag is happy, we’re happy, and it doesn’t matter who it is. But we need to remember that on a national level he is a bit more of a celebrity, and this is how the national media treats celebrities. And in a strange way, that is kinda cool.
If the national media is paying attention, that means the Rays are relevant. And let’s face it, there is a small part in all of us that hates being in the shadow of the Yankees and Red Sox when the Rays have been just as good in recent years.
Now, we know a lot of you still don’t care and that’s fine. And you like to accuse us of being a “TMZ for the Rays” like we have a video camera camped out in front of Longoria’s condo and we are following him to restaurants. That’s fine. But a lot of people are curious and Longoria doesn’t seem to care. They are going out in public together and are clearly not hiding it. So it is not like anybody is invading their privacy.
THE JUNKYARD DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- 14 of the 21 position players have already arrived at camp.
- Jeff Niemann on the Battle Royale Rotation: “It’s going to be a tough deal, but at the end of the day, it’s for the betterment of the team, and we’ll all
be on board for whatever decision that is.”
- Brandon Gomes had his first bullpen session following back surgery. He still seems like a good candidate to start the year on the DL when the Rays are looking for a way to keep everybody in the system.
- David Price on the 2012 Rays: “I feel like this might be the best Rays team that I have ever been on.” [SportsRadioInterviews]
- Reid Brignac says he has added 10 pounds of muscle. But according to several people who would know better than us that is “bull poo poo.” More likely he added a few pounds of muscle and some fat. [@RaysGameDay]
- Also, JP Howell has lost 10 pounds. [@RaysGameDay]