According to Marc Topkin, Evan Longoria will report to camp “10-15 pounds leaner and considerably looser, emphasizing flexibility over strength.” The goal is to avoid injuries that have limited Longoria’s playing time in previous years.
Over course, every year dozens of players show up to camp in the best shape of their lives, or with more muscle, or less muscle. And sometimes it makes a difference and sometimes it doesn’t. So we will just have to wait and see.
Then again, five of those pounds Longoria lost probably came when he lost his mullet in favor of a shaved head.
THE JUNKYARD DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- Evan Longoria will be signing autographs on Sunday night at a mall in Garden City, NY. Seems like he did this last year also, but we couldn’t find the report.
- Former Rays outfielder Justin Ruggiano has signed a minor league deal with the Astros.
- Johnny Damon remains on the Yankees radar. [ESPN]
- Jason Bartlett might end up back in the AL East. [MLBTR]
- Could the Bucs land one of the Giants’ Super Bowl heroes? [JoeBucsFan]