David Price on Joe Maddon’s extension (via Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times):
“Joe is a players’ manager and I love playing for him…I’m happy he got an extension. My turn.”
We used to think the Rays missed the boat on this one. But after seeing what David Price “settled for” in avoiding arbitration this season ($4.4 million), it might actually be a possibility.
Get ‘er done!
THE JUNKYARD DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- Marc Topkin has the details for Saturday’s FanFest. [The Heater]
- Andrew Friedman was on the Ron and Ian show (620 WDAE) to talk about Joe Maddon’s extension. [620 WDAE]
- Carl Crawford may miss the first few weeks of the season. [Boston.com]
- James Shields was on SiriusXM and discussed Joe Maddon’s contract extension. [SiriusXM Sports]
- Manny Ramirez is “likely to sign” with the Oakland A’s. That means you will get your first chance to boo him on August 23rd as he will still be suspended for the A’s series in May. Unless of course the boo-bird police have a conniption and try to force their own self-righteous beliefs upon the rest of you. [SFGate.com]
- Here is another top prospects list that has Matt Moore at number one. He was tenth on their list last year. Hak-Ju Lee (#65) is the only other Rays prospect on their list. [Baseball Prospectus]
- The Mets sent a scout to watch Scott Kazmir throw yesterday, which is of course weird. They were the team that traded him because they knew he would breakdown. And now that he is broken down, they want to take a look? [NY Daily News]
- Hey, the Bucs released Albert Haynesworth. [JoeBucsFan]