File this under things we would like to see the Rays do to help improve attendance…The University of Michigan’s ticket office has their own twitter page in which they send out ticket deals for sporting events. For example…
Ticket Alert: Score $1 tickets (reg. $7) to @umichwbball vs. Northwestern tonight @ 6:30pm. Available to purchase at Crisler Center.
Would it make a huge difference? Probably not. But it is free advertising. So why not?
THE JUNKYARD DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- Joe Maddon said Matt Moore’s abdominal strain is “nothing vital” and that the team is just being “over-cautious.” Also, Luke Scott will miss the first 3-4 exhibition games because of his surgically repaired shoulder.
- Danys Baez, who is second on the Rays’ all-time saves list with 71, has announced he is retiring. [Ken Rosenthal]
- AJ Burnett on Jose Molina’s ability to frame pitches and convince an umpire a ball is actually a strike: “His hands are the main thing; the way that he can make a ball look like a strike is by far one of the best I’ve been around.” Andrew Friedman also talks about how good Molina is at throwing out basestealers. [NY Times]
- Jayson Stark says the Rays’ rotation is “quietly among MLB’s best.” Story includes a lot of fun tidbits on the Rays and how good the starting pitching has been in recent years. [ESPN]
- To say the Cubs regret the Matt Garza trade might an understatement (thanks Thad). [Chicago Tribune]
- Jaime Edmondson talks about the reactions to news that she is dating Evan Longoria. [SI.com]