According to Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times, Dan Johnson has signed a minor league deal with the Chicago White Sox.

Johnson, who only has 37 career hits with the Rays, is of course best known for hitting some of the biggest home runs in Tampa Bay Rays history. So if the Rays need a miracle in October this year, they may have to give up some cash to the White Sox to bring back The Great Pumpkin.

1. Hal says:

Good luck and thanks Dan. Dude gave us some of the biggest moments in Rays history, just couldn’t get it done full-time. Don’t think we’ll go with a wild-card flag, but some pumpkin-related tribute is certainly in order.

• Sarah says:

I believe last year, after his game-tying, 2 out, 2 strike homerun snuck over the right field wall and led the Rays to the playoffs (I still get goose bumps remembering), there was some talk of naming the foul pole “Pumpkin Pole”. Paint it orange and have a naming ceremony in the spring!

2. Dave L says:

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you
    Mr Dan Johnson

3. Steven says:

Food luck, Dan!

Thanks for your big time Home Runs.

Good luck, and thanks again for being being so clutch.

You’re always welcome here.

You have 2 of the greatest Homers in Rays history.

4. Andy says:

Love the post & all the remarks!!! I vote for the Pumpkin Pole :-) But only if Dapper Dan comes back for the naming ceremony, complete w/his awesome beard, of course!!!

BE awhile before any Ray…has more meaningful hits…Longo gets the Pub. that’s ok…but he don’t even make it to the plate without DJ…the one time appointed starting 1st baseman for the Tampabay Rays…

6. Roger says:

Darnnnnn and I just ordered my Johnson Jersey…..jk …..But I was there last year for the most memorable day in MLB History..according to some sport writers and wow it truly was amazing. Thank you for that. I was standing in Center Field chewing my nails and you made your dream and every kids dream come true…2 outs, Bottom of the 9th, 2 strikes and here comes the pitch….BANG….It was amazing and as a fan I thank you for that memory. It will be something I will NEVER forget so thank you thank you. Now just don’t do it to us next year and good luck with the Sox.