We are back from our little mini-vacation and find that John Sickels of Minor League Ball ranks the Rays farm system as just the seventh-best in baseball...
Impact depth behind Matt Moore has slipped but this is still a robust organization.
Although, we would point out that Moore is pretty damn good. And depending on who you talk to, is probably the best prospect in baseball.
THE JUNKYARD DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- The Tigers are interested in Johnny Damon. [MLBTR]
- But according to Joel Sherman, Johnny Damon “badly” wants to sign with the Yankees. Of course, Damon had zero interest in the Yankees two weeks ago when he thought he still had a shot with the Rays. [@Joelsherman1]
- The A’s are “very interested” in signing Manny Ramirez. But it is unclear if that interest has changed with the A’s signing another former Rays player, Johnny Gomes. [MLBTR]
- Joe Maddon donated tickets to 38 different games in 14 different major league ballparks as part of a fundraiser at his alma mater. [Lafayette Leopards]
- Chip Kelly uses the “unfinished business” line in defending his decision to spurn the Bucs. [Joe Bucs Fan]
- We meant to link to this a while ago, but we think it slipped through the cracks. It is “A Utilityman Ballad,” a tribute(?) to Elliot Johnson. [Baseball Prospectus]
- A Virginia TV station spoke with Brandon Guyer and his former college coach at the University of Virginia. [NBC29.com]
- Some reports are once again starting speculate on a BJ Upton-to-the-Nationals swap. But this is just speculation and not based on any insider info. [MASNSports]
- Federal Baseball wonders if the Nationals should make another run at BJ Upton, or just wait until he is a free agent. [Federal Baseball]