For a pretty steep price, you can now guarantee yourself the autograph of your favorite player at FanFest.

The Rays are calling it an “Exclusive Signing Opportunity.” And for $400, yes $400, fans can meet the player of their choice, without waiting in line, and have an object (that the fan provides) autographed. The Rays are only selling 15 of these per player, and it will come with access to the general autograph line.

The list of players available for $400 includes Evan Longoria, David Price, James Shields, Jeremy Hellickson, Matt Moore, and Carlos Pena. There is also a second list of nine players that are available for $200.

The good news is that proceeds will go towards the Rays Baseball Foundation, so it is not just a money grab on the part of the Rays.

1. Michael says:

Matt Moore rookie year signed baseball

Value in 2050?

No man can say.

2. Beth says:

Not that I’m against their raising money for charity, but why not tie coveted autographs to purchase of season ticket plans? That would make sense to me.

• Mike says:

Season ticket holders get $50 off the price and can purchase the autograph tickets today if they want to. I think I will pass on the $350 price tag though.

I think we also get wristbands for each seat that lets us stand in line to get autographs at the fan fest. Those are free.

3. George says:

Question is, will Evan sign sweet spot or in the barrel of the bat or is he tied to his contract with MC Sports and deny fans like years past…

• td32 says:

Why does it matter to you? The reason players do this is to make sure that person they are signing for arent memorabilia hounds that are just going to sell it.

• George says:

It’s a shame for the fans who actually like to collect and keep what they have signed from some of their favorite players. I understand the reason for it. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen guys in their 30s-50s show up at the ballpark two and three hours early or those who wait near the parking lots with bats, balls, jerseys and stacks of 8x10s trying to make a mint on player signatures. It’s a shame that’s what it has come to in several respects, but I think that it is a legitimate question if you are throwing down $400 for autographs.

Used to know a hooker you could meet for $400…but a baseball player please!
    I think the money also was used for “Charity”, Pinky, and Latesa…

5. Sam says:

I have me a Jeremy Hellickson rookie card… Man would I love to get that baby signed!

• Raysfan137 says:

I have a signed Hellickson rookie card. And it was free to have signed. And a signed Evan bat, and a signed Garza no hitter ticket, and many other items. They were all free to have signed and they were tied to my season ticket package. Simple. Buy a full season package. Go to just about every game early, like when gates open early. Send your 10 and 12 year old boys on autograph missions. Planning to get the game used Evan batting glove that he threw to the boys signed after the last playoff game signed this season. Our Rays fan cave is getting to the point where it will need additional insurance rider on our policy.

But I still might pay the $350 merely to make the donation to the foundation. It is a good cause.

6. MJ says:

Poor BJ, second rate…

7. eric says:

they are charging everyone $50 for autographs! It used to be free for all. Last year it was $25, and free for kids 14 and under, with money going to charity. That I could handle. Now its $50 for everyone! For the right to stand in line for hours! I don’t care if it is going to charity. That’s just too much in this economy. My son and I keep our autographs. But I don’t have $100 this year. Sorry Rays! Passing on FanFest for the first time ever.

8. andrew says:

Eric is right, $50 is way too much. I know it is a good cause but $100 for me and my son is way too much. Because of that, we wont be making the trip to fanfest this year. Did the rays think of the economy when they priced this years autographs?