Scott Boras called a report that Prince Fielder would accept a three-year deal “inaccurate and delusional.”
“Not only is that inaccurate and delusional, but it seems that some people have gotten into their New Year’s Eve stash just a little bit early this year…It appears some baseball people are just bored…That’s when you hear ideas like that floated.”
This is in response to a report in which “several GMs” told Peter Gammons that they thought Fielder would be willing to accept a three-year deal with an average annual value greater than Albert Pujols’ new deal ($25M/yr).
While Boras poo-poos the report. It is not clear yet where Fielder is going to get the $200 million contract he is reportedly seeking.
THE JUNKYARD DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- Buster Olney calls the Rays rotation the second best in the baseball. [ESPN]
- The Rays final game of the regular season was called one of the “Best Games/Events of 2011” by SI.com. Derek Jeter’s 3000th hit (off of David Price) also makes the list. [SI.com]
- Ben Zobrist’s big double-header in April (7-10, 3 2B, 2 HR, 10 RBI) was picked as the “Performance of the Year” by David Schoenfield of ESPN.com. [ESPN]
- Sam Fuld receives honorable mention by Mark Simon of ESPN.com, for “Defensive Performance of the Year.” [ESPN]
- The Bucs are in danger of setting a team record. The bad kind. Which is amazing if you consider this team has had some bad years. [Joe Bucs Fan]