Keith Law offers his take on who won the John Jaso-Josh Lueke trade, stating “here’s why the Mariners win this deal” (via Twitter)…

It is hard to argue with this reasoning.

1. Michael says:

Yea but you have to admit, Jaso’s mutton chops leaved much to be desired.

If you’re going to go with the chops, you have to go big or go home. They looked uninspired.

A rapist in trade I think is an even bargain, all told.

2. Raysfan137 says:

It’s easy to argue with that reasoning – Google:
    Josh Hamilton arrested.

3. steve says:

I think it is very unfair to label Lueke a rapist. I read the shot version of the incident and it is a case of young people getting drunk and having sex. The girl says she did not consent and was sleeping, the guy (Lueke) first said he had no contact with her but later said that they did have consentual sex. He was in jail and was offered freedom and no sex offender status if he pleaded to a lesser offense which is not rape by the way. Only two people know what happened. It is understandable to believe the girl but Lueke has admitted no wrong doing and was not convicted of rape he plead no contest to a lesser charge, which is not an admission of any guilt. Afterall couldn’t the girl be a liar who had remorse after a drunken night of sex with a stranger? They were both drunk and probably both have some responsibility in this, afterall the “victim” did not want to participate in the trial. Lueke hasn’t had any problems with the law before or after this incident in 2008. Lets just hope that both parties can move on and be successfull members of society.

4. Beth says:

I have no interest in trying, on a sports blog, to resolve legal issues that could barely be resolved in court. (Although I hope some of you trying to somehow whitewash his actions are at least a little ashamed of yourselves. His DNA was found in the anus of a woman who had passed out. Is there really a positive way to spin this ? Anyone eager to introduce him to their daughter or sister?)

I’m surprised the Rays went for him, however. They seem to want to avoid players who come with problematic back stories. He must be massively better than his 6.00 ERA.

• Steve says:

I was simply saying that the truth could very well be that two inebriated kids had consentual sex. That would explaing the DNA on her clothes and private parts. Is that so unreasonable to suggest? That rarely happens these days huh? My point I guess is that in my experience when two people are telling two different stories the truth usually lies somewhere in the middle. People are saying that innocent people don’t plea to crimes. I don’t think thats fair because nobody knows what they would do if they were in jail facing serious jail time and had the option presented by the prosecution to resolve the whole thing with the cooperation of the victim. I am not excusing the action that he was accused of just saying that it is he said she said and she could very well be lying.

5. Justin H says:

if he can pitch then I don’t care… I’m not trying to be this guy’s friend

• laura says:

If he can coach, I don’t care if he was a child molester. I’m not looking for a babysitter for my kids. #sarcasm #youpeoplemakemesick

I doubt if any person(female or male) has ever SLEPT thru anal sex, IF she was raped does she sleep there the rest of the night and leave after breakfast or what? or did she wake up screaming rape and run out of the apt to the police? which is it?