The GBT – The Good, The Bad and The Telling sandwich, where The Bad is nice and lean and the The Telling is ripe.
THE GOOD: Home sweet Dome. The Rays did what they had to do, they split in Texas. And looking forward, you have to feel good about the game 3 and 4 pitching matchups.
THE BAD: Kyle Farnsworth. Farnsville had what the Rays are calling a “a little bit of a setback” with his elbow. Joe Maddon does think Farnsworth is available for tonight’s game, but you have to imagine that if the game is on the line in the 9th inning, Maddon may look elsewhere.
THE TELLING: Tonight is the 12th consecutive playoff sellout for the Rays. Lee Roy Selmon’s children will throw out the first pitch…David Price will start tonight and Jeremy Hellickson will go tomorrow in game 4…John Jaso will start tonight…Matt Moore could be used in relief tomorrow if needed…Game 4 will be at 2:07 and game 5 would be at 5:07 but could be moved to 8:07 if there is no Yankees game…Joe Maddon’s hair is not quite long enough for a ponytail. Yet. He did admit to the TV crew prior to Saturday’s game that he did cut about a half-inch off at one point this season…According to CoolStandings.com, the Rays have a 100 percent chance of making the playoffs…
THE JUNKYARD DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- Marc Topkin has some quotes from Joe Maddon from the postgame press conference. [The Heater]
- Tonight is a big night in the Bay Area. [TBO.com]
- Seems a little early for New York writers to be worried about the Yankees potentially facing the Rays in the ALCS. Can the Yankees get by the Tigers first? [ESPN]
- Jim Caple says the Rays are still in good position despite their loss on Saturday. He does however throw in this zinger about game 3: “A sellout is even expected” as if that is a surprise. [ESPN]
- The Tampa Bay Lightning showed their support for the Rays with a picture. [TampaBay.com]
- It is hard to feel sorry for a guy that will make $142 million in seven years, but man, Carl Crawford must feel like a lost soul in Boston. The latest is news that the Red Sox are “determined to revive” Crawford and his career, as if they are worried he will suck forever if they don’t do anything. [Boston Herald]
- Well, this is good news for the Bucs. [JoeBucsFan]