The GBT – The Good, The Bad and The Telling sandwich, where The Bad is nice and lean and the The Telling is ripe.
The White Sox hired Robin Ventura to be their new manager. This is significant because Dave Martinez was considered a top candidate, if not the top candidate. But it turns out Martinez never even spoke with the White Sox. He may still be a candidate for the Red Sox job, although it is not clear yet if he will even be asked to interview.
THE JUNKYARD DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- Andrew Friedman and Joe Maddon met with the media yesterday and spoke about the 2011 and 2012 seasons. JB Long has a solid roundup of their thoughts. [BayNews9]
- And you can see the entire press conference here. [The Heater]
- Andrew Friedman had little to say about his rumored links to the Cubs and Astros general manager jobs. [TampaBay.com]
- Andrew Friedman and Joe Maddon sound like Matt Moore will at least have a shot at making the rotation next spring. [TBO.com]
- John Romano says Stuart Sternberg may be the Bay Area’s best friend right now, but his patience is growing thin. [TampaBay.com]
- My new friend Maury Brown appeared on “The King David Show” yesterday to discuss his piece on Rays attendance. You can listen to that discussion here. [TheKingDavidShow.com]
- A little late, but Evan Longoria topped ESPN.com’s all-sport power rankings earlier this week. [ESPN]