The GBT – The Good, The Bad and The Telling sandwich, where The Bad is nice and lean and the The Telling is ripe.
THE GOOD: Historic. Evan Longoria is just the second player in big league history to hit a walk-off home run to clinch a playoff spot in the final game of the regular season. You might have heard of the other one. Some guy named Bobby Thompson and the “Shot Heard Round The World”…
THE BAD: We’re still giving you a pass David Price.
THE TELLING: Tickets for games 3 and 4 will go on sale today at 1pm.
THE JUNKYARD DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- The bat Evan Longoria used to hit his home run on Wednesday will be given to the baseball Hall of Fame. [@SPTimesRays]
- Marc Topkin tackles the postseason roster. [TampaBay.com]
- Joe Girardi says he was trying to win on Wednesday. [ESPN]
- Marc Topkin has a photo gallery of game 162. [The Heater]
- Michael Kruse and Ben Montgomery writes about the six minutes that changes the Rays destiny and what fans were doing during those moments. [TampaBay.com]
- This GIF of Harold Reynolds reacting to Evan Longoria’s home run is all kinds of awesome. [The Big Lead]
- Here are five keys to the 2011 season. [TampaBay.com]
- The Rays posted some huge television ratings for the Yankees series. [Tom Jones’ 2¢]
- Brandon Guyer has a baseball stitches tattoo. [@RaysIndex]
- The Tampa Bay Lightning were cheering for the Rays. [TBO.com]
- Jeremy Hellickson’s grandmother was interviewed by one of his hometown stations. [KCCI.com]