Click Here For Boxscore
Off-Day (click image for a random Wikipedia page)

For those of you getting excited about Colby Rasmus, we have one question: Are you willing to give up Jeremy Hellickson?

No? Well, that might be what it will take.

Joe Strauss: My information is that Jeremy Hellickson is the pitcher the Cardinals most covet in a potential deal.

Now, obviously the Rays aren’t going to trade Hellboy. But how far are the Cardinals willing to budge? Jeff Niemann? Probably not. James Shields? Maybe.

THE JUNKYARD DOGS WEBTOPIA

• Rays minor leaguer Russ Canzler’s 3-run home run in the second inning was all the scoring in the International League all-stars’ 3-0 win over the Pacific Coast League all-stars...Brandon Guyer started in center and went 0-3…SS Ray Olmedo went 1-2. [MiLB]
  • Sam Fuld had 10 Web Gems in the first half. Only Asdrubal Cabrera had more. Not bad for a part-time player. [ESPN]
  • Hey, somebody wrote something nice about the Trop! [Shadow of the Stadium]
  • Roger Mooney offers his mid-season report. [TBO.com]

DOWN ON THE FARM

Tags

1. wembley87 says:

Trade Hellboy ? Forget about it .

2. zenny says:

Why trade an important pitcher for another BJ Upton? As speculated, it’d have to be part of a larger multi-team deal. Don’t like it.

Good thing I trust that the FO is smart enough to make a good deal or not make one at all.

3. Joe says:

If they will give us Rasmus for Neimann and a mid level prospect, i’m good but if they really want Shields or Hellickson(or im guessing Moore) then peace out Cards, Andrew has other teams to waste his time with.

4. Phil says:

They need a ss or a catcher …not another outfielder!

5. werD says:

welcome to the MLB all-star break. where stupid trade rumors abound, and ESPN resorts to making up stories to generate interest…

6. Hal says:

Lobaton is up! Who is down?

7. Wizzle says:

I’m from STL. I hate Rasmus. Hate hate hate. He’s lazy, dumb as a box of rocks, and his dad runs his life. Hitting .200 since May? Should I visit my major league batting coaches? Nah, I’m going to run back home to my daddy to fix it while he runs his mouth publicly about the Cards.

He’s a headache, his dad is a headache, just….no. I love Hellboy and wouldn’t want him on the Cards.

• Sarah says:

Thanks, Wizzle – you remind us that the grass always looks greener, and the prospects more promising, on the other side. I can’t see trading away any real talent for a player described as merely a cheaper BJ Upton.