The GBT – The Good, The Bad and The Telling sandwich, where The Bad is nice and lean and the The Telling is ripe.
Matt Joyce was the lone Rays player to appear in last night’s All-Star game (who woulda thunk that before the season?). He went 1-2 with a single, and was seen chasing several balls in left field.
THE JUNKYARD DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- The Rays attendance has “surprised” Bud Selig this season. [TampaBay.com]
- Derek Jeter’s 3,000th hit earned James Shields a slap to the face. [USA Today]
- The Rays spread their payroll around better than most teams. [Business Insider]
- Jimmie Giles will be the
Rays secondBucs third member of their Ring of Honor. [Joe Bucs Fan]
- The Cardinals may be willing to trade center fielder Colby Rasmus (think BJ Upton, but a little cheaper and with less melanin). Joe Strauss says the Rays have shown interest. [stltoday]
- John Sickels breaks down Matt Moore. A couple of things worth pointing out. Moore did not hit 100 mph in the Futures Game. That was a juiced gun. He topped out at 98 according to Pitchf/x. Also, he doesn’t typically throw that hard. He was able to amp it up because he was only working one inning. [Minor League Ball]
- The last chart on this page shows that this incarnation of the Rays is the weakest of the last four years. [Watching Durham Bulls Baseball]
- And here are some charts that break down the pitching the Rays have in triple-A. [Watching Durham Bulls Baseball]
- Here is a review of the stadium that is home to the Rays rookie-level affiliate, the Princeton Rays. [Stadium Journey]
DOWN ON THE FARM…
- DURHAM: (no games scheduled)
- MONTGOMERY: (no games scheduled)
- CHARLOTTE: (no games scheduled)
- BOWLING GREEN: (no games scheduled)
- HUDSON VALLEY: (no games scheduled)
- PRINCETON 4, Burlington 1: RF Drew Vettleson was 1-4 with a pair of RBI, and LF Josh Sale went 0-3 and is hitting .176…1B Cameron Seitzerhad 2 hits including his 3rd home run.