The GBT – The Good, The Bad and The Telling sandwich, where The Bad is nice and lean and the The Telling is ripe.
NO GBT TODAY
THE JUNKYARD DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- CHART: Now that the game means something, nobody wants to play in the All-Star game. [Business Insider]
- For a little while yesterday, Tim Beckham’s name was removed from the roster of Montgomery Biscuits. We were told this was because he was inactive for the Futures Game. However, typically inactive players still have their name listed on the roster and the Biscuits still had Matt Moore listed and the Stone Crabs still had Hak-Ju Lee listed.
- Jon Paul Morosi previews the Rays second half for Fox Sports (video). [Fox Sports Florida]
- Matt Joyce may be the only player that is genuinely excited to be at the game. [Big League Stew]
- Three Rays minor leaguers took home player-of-the-week honors. [Rays Prospects]
- How Matt Joyce made a fan for life. [Rays Colored Glasses]
- David Price’s nephew enjoying the high-life at the home run derby last night. [LOCKERZ]
- It used to be that we waited until a player retired and then again until the player was eligible for the Hall-of-Fame. But apparently we are now in full-fledged Is-Johnny-Damon-a-Hall-of-Famer mode. [Fangraphs]
DOWN ON THE FARM…
- DURHAM: no games scheduled
- MONTGOMERY Jacksonville 2: Frank de los Santos allowed just 1 hits and 1 unearned run in 4 innings. He struck out 2 and walked 2…DH Stephen Vogt hit his 11th home run and went 2-4…1B Henry Wrigley homered for the second straight game.
- Daytona 5, CHARLOTTE 2 (gm 1): Jake Thompson allowed 5 runs (4 earned) in 5 innings…C Mark Thomas went 2-3.
- Daytona 2, CHARLOTTE 1 (gm 2): Kyle Lobstein allowed 2 runs in 6 innings, striking out 6 and walking none…2B Tyler Bortnick went 1-5 with a walk in the double-header.
- West Michigan 4, BOWLING GREEN 2: Braulio Lara allowed 3 runs in 5 innings. He struck out 5…SS Derek Dietrich was 2-5 and is hitting .283.
- HUDSON VALLEY 6, Lowell 5:
- PRINCETON: no games scheduled