A few minutes ago, Derek Jeter picked up hit #3,000, a home run off of David Price. Below are a couplke of images of the Rays reaction to the feat…

Casey Kotchman tips his cap as Jeter rounds first base

Led by Johnny Damon, several Rays exit the dugout and give Jeter a standing ovation.

1. Joe says:

A little too much respect and admiration? First reaction, I don't like it too much.

• Rob says:

I agree - a tip of the cap is perfectly appropriate, but coming out of the dugout is ridiculous. I'm surprised the Rays didn't clap again when he got his 5th hit to give the lead back to the Yankees.

Which begs the question, with a guy on third and one out in the 8th, why wouldn't you walk a guy who is having a career day to set up the double play? I get that Granderson is fast, but did you have any doubt at all that Jeter was going to knock that run in?

2. Congrats to Jeter, but thank God this is over and we can focus on baseball again instead of "WHEN HIS JETER'S 3,000th HIT GONNA HAPPEN?!"

From a guy that throws 85% fast balls a couple of meatballs from Price helped alot (HEllboy might been different)...but Jeter was going to get them before the day was over anyway...
    .500 ball against the Yankees get the Rays nothing, tomorrow is a must

4. Joe says:

Why are guys like Neimann and Shoppach(only 2 I can really see) the only guys who are still in the dugout thinking "um guys you do realize we just blew the lead, right?"

5. Jim says:

I'm wondering what Price's reaction was to this. As competitive as he is I can't see him being pleased after he just served up Jeter's 300th (and a HR to boot).

• Joe says:

Off the bat, I don't think he immeditaley knew what he just gave up, besides that it was gone. Once he realized, he just put his glove down, got a drink, didn't cheer for the guy who just homered off him but for a change, he did not seem angry. Our buddy, Damon was a little too excited if you ask me.

• ALLEN says:

i was travelling and did not see the game except for the 8th inning. Congratulations to Jeter for getting #3,000 at home, but I'd be much happier had it been in a losing cause. Damon was a 4-year teammate of Jeter so I can understand his enthusiasm, however, he's now a Ray and Jeter's hit gave the Yankees the lead. A tip of the hat would be fine. More important now is a win on Sunday for our Rays. We've got to win series against the Yanks and Sox. Let's get on a run and get some sweeps. Come on, Longoria, start giving your team some support.

It'll be interesting to see how Guyer performs. He's got some power and we could use it. Good to see Sonny go down. Maybe he'll learn how to pitch.

WHo doesn't respect good performers?? apparently Shopp. I knew that guy was a classless Sheldon mark (both Cleveland castoffs)