Here are a couple of items that can’t wait until tomorrow morning…

WADE DAVIS TO THE DL

The Rays have announced that Wade Davis has been placed on the DL with a “forearm strain.” He has been replaced on the roster by reliever Brandon Gomes.

This move is more of a roster shakeup as Davis wouldn’t be needed again for about 10-11 days as Joe Maddon will likely shuffle the rotation coming out of the break. So look for Alex Cobb to be called up for one start out of the break.

BIG DOG AND BIG VINCE

Also, wanted to pass along this note from Steve “Big Dog” Duemig, who took a flight today to New York to start a vacation

Of all the people to sit next to on a flight to NY. U would never guess in a million years!! Wait for it ……vince freaking Namoili !!!! Arrgggg!!!!!bending my ear already!!!

There is a very real chance that one or both of those guys will be escorted off the plane in handcuffs.

And speaking of Facebook, don’t forget to checkout our Facebook page and give it a “Like.” And since we are talking about social media, why aren’t you follow us on Twitter yet @RaysIndex?

And while you are at it, follow Shaun King at @RealShaunKing. I think that is his page. Can’t remember.

1. Pinto says:

Man do I feel sorry for the third person sitting in that row…

2. bbmern says:

Simply hilarious!!

3. Chris Mooney says:

I can just see Vince screaming over and over “do you know who I am?!?” and Big Dog trying to figure out where the hangup button is.

• Hosstyle in Tampa says:

Well at least we know Vince won’t see any of Big Dog’s tweets. You have to have an e-mail address to be on Twitter….

4. Sarah says:

So, isn’t “forearm strain” basically “I just threw 100 pitches yesterday and my arm hurts?”

Brilliant way to get an extra reliever up for the NY series — now release Sonny, bring up either Guyer or Jennings, and let’s play baseball!

5. Sledge says:

I suspect those two were in the front of the bus where there are only 2 seats.

Just got lineup….Kotch batting 4th!…I told Maddon that weeks ago…watch rbi’s now if Longo doesn’t make 3rd out…

7. Sarah says:

This is off topic, but I hope Derek Jeter gets three hits tonight so we can get this damned side show over with. Three insignificant hits, of course. Otherwise this stupid march to 3,000 will dominate the whole series.

If he hadn’t had that injury this issue would be long past us.

• Dave says:

I hope he doesn’t. This “sideshow” is nowhere near the distraction for us as it is for them. I hope he goes into an epic slump and is still shy of 3000 when they come to the Trop later this month. I say let it linger.