Tampa mayor Bob Buckhorn was on hand last night to throw out the ceremonial first pitch. But before the game, Jason Behnken of the Tampa Tribune snapped this pic of Buckhorn conversing with owner Stuart Sternberg.

Gee. Whatcha think they were talking about? Have at it amateur captionistas…what do you think was going on during this conversation…

1. Joel Verlin says:

You should have seen the Marlin I caught…it was THIS big!

2. Blake says:

“And then Foster pulled out his nun-chucks, started whipping them around and said he’d use his ninja skills to keep us in St. Pete! Can believe that s***?!”

3. Sledge says:

Buckhorn: “But what are you going to do about that nut, Foster?”

Sternberg, reaching to tap Buckhorn on the cheek: “I’m gonna make him an offer he can’t refuse!”

4. John says:

“So I bought out the clown and then I realize, ‘Hey! The knob signed a 30 year lease in this dump!’ Mistakes happen, right? But seriously, a 70′s stadium concept, constructed in the late 80′s and didn’t get baseball until the late 1990′s, located away from the population center of the region? And he signs a 30-year lease? WTF?”

5. John says:

If Sternberg is the Don, who is the muscle? I mean, Vito Corleone had Luca Brasi…

6. angrybuddha says:

Imaginary pie in the face!!!

Hey Bucky, want to lose some money, I’m thinking about building a baseball stadium in Hillsb. Co. you think you could get the voters to chip IN??
    Bucky : “Stuie Leave me out of this one, no thanks”

8. Michael says:

“Holy crap, what is Joe Biden doing at a Rays game?”

9. Chris says:

Opulence. I has it.

10. “PLAYOFFS, I’m asking you for a stadium and you want to talk about PLAYOFFS…. PLAYOFFS”

11. $tu $ternberg says:

Wait, this isn’t Citi Field!!

12. Amanda says:

Stu: “… and then the Lightning actually THANKED their fans when the leauge scheduled a game on Super Bowl Sunday and only a few thousand fans showed up! Can you believe that?! I can’t imagine how that organization was named the second-best in all of sports! And upgrading their stadium? PLEASE! Why don’t they just …”
    Bob (thinking): “This guy just doesn’t get it, does he?”

13. Nick says:

“And just when I think Foster has a brain…POOF!…it’s gone!”

14. Joe D. says:

Rays Owner Stuart Sternberg (Right) tries bribing Tampa Mayor Bob Buckhorn (Left) into building the Rays a new baseball stadium by offering him a baseball and a bottle of water.