THE JUNKYARD DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- My Chart of the Day over at Business Insider looks at how baseball’s steroid testing has affected power numbers. In other words, this isn’t the Year of the Pitcher part 2. It is the Year of Steroid Testing part 6. [Business Insider]
- Might we see a shake-up in local sports radio? Steve Duemig’s contract at WDAE is up this Sunday. [Tom Jones’ 2¢]
- Casey Kotchman thanks the removal of pus, yes pus, from his tear ducts for his success so far this season. [TampaBay.com]
- Justin Ruggiano has been named the International League’s player of the Week. Amazingly, we think that is just the third time he has won the award. Why is that amazing? Because this is the fifth year he has been in triple-A. Poor guy. [WDBB]
- The Rays will “retire” the call signs of the three officers killed in duty in St. Pete this year. [TBO.com]
DOWN ON THE FARM…
- Indianapolis 7, DURHAM 5: Jeremy Hall allowed 2 runs in 4 innings on 4 Ks and 4 walks…Desmond Jennings did not play…LF Brandon Guyer was 1-4 with a walk…RF Chris Carter had a pair of doubles and 2 RBI…Robinson Chirinos did not play. He has only played once in last 4 games.
- Chattanooga 6, MONTGOMERY 5: Frank de los Santos allowed 4 runs in 4.1 innings…SS Tim Beckham was 2-3 with a walk to raise his average to .298.
- CHARLOTTE: (no game scheduled)
- Great Lakes 2, BOWLING GREEN 1: CJ Riefenhauser struck out 7 in just 4 innings with 2 walks and 4 hits. He allowed 2 runs, 1 on a solo home run…SS Derek Dietrich was 0-4 and his average is down to .287.