According the fine folks at Fox Sports Florida and Sun Sports, the Rays season opener pulled in a 5.1 average household rating (~91,000 homes). That is the highest rating for a season opener since the Rays inaugural season, when the Rays first-ever game drew a 9.2 rating (on a non-cable station).
The 5.1 rating is a 6.3 percent increase over last season’s opener, also against the Orioles.
THE JUNKYARD DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- Ben Zobrist will likely hit third with Evan Longoria on the DL. [TampaBay.com]
- Meanwhile Sean Rodriguez and Felipe Lopez will be called on to cover Evan Longoria’s spot in the field. [TampaBay.com]
- Here is a look at exactly how playoff teams in the last 10 years did in their first 3 games of the season. Not many went 0-3 or even 1-2. [Business Insider]
- Will Carroll says Evan Longoria could be out 3-4 weeks with his “significant” oblique strain. Of course, knowing how conservative the Rays are with injuries, we would guess that 4 weeks is the minimum. [SI.com]
- Tom Jones was impressed with Brian Anderson in the booth this weekend. [Tom Jones' 2¢]
- Scott Kazmir lasted just 1.2 innings on Sunday giving up 5 runs. A source told Ken Rosenthal that Kazmir will make at least one more start, but it a DFA could be on the horizon. If the Angels do release Kaz, they would still owe him nearly $14.5 million. [MLB Buzz]
- Another look at Wade Davis’ new contract. [Business Insider]
- Sam Fuld talks about dealing with his Type I Diabetes. [TBO.com]
- Claw Digest has Charlotte’s opening day roster. [Claw Digest]
- And Rays Prospects has the Bowling Green roster. [Rays Prospects]