We wanted to do something fun for the 2011 season. So we decided to run a little over/under contest. Below you will see several totals for the 2011 season. Your job is simply to predict whether the actual number at the end of the year will be OVER or UNDER the predicted number.
Just submit your entries to our TIPS address (tips at raysindex.com). If you prefer, you can leave your answers in the comments below.
The winner will receive a $50 gift card to the online shop of your favorite baseball team…
- Number of different batting orders (Joe Maddon used 129 in 2010): 129.5
- No-hitters thrown by the Rays: 0.5
- Number of times the Rays will be no-hit: 0.5
- Home runs for Manny Ramirez: 24.5
- Home runs for Dan Johnson: 19.5
- Saves for Jake McGee: 7.5
- Starts for Desmond Jennings with the Rays: 19.5
- Joe Maddon ejections: 3.5
- Players named to the AL All-Star team: 2.5
- First-place votes for Evan Longoria in the AL MVP voting: 0.5
- Sellouts at Tropicana Field: 9.5
- Wins for the Rays: 89.5
- Tiebreaker: What will be the Rays average attendance in 2011 (they averaged 22,758 in 2010)?
OK, you guys know what to do.