THE GOOD: Adam Russell. Russell pitched another scoreless outing, giving up just one hit. It is just two appearances, but he has looked better since altering his mechanics a week ago…Elliot Johnson. Mr. March capped off his great spring with his first home run and added his 12th steal…Evan Longoria. Dirtbag came locked and loaded for the final spring game blasting his 4th home run.
THE BAD: Opening Day. Twelve teams open up today. But we have to wait until tomorrow night to see David Price unleash the first pitch of the 2011 season.
THE TELLING: Upon further review, yesterday’s game did count in the Grapefruit League standings. So the Rays finished 15-14-2. We have no idea why this is important…Manny Ramirez missed yesterday’s game for “personal reasons”…Tomorrow’s opener is a near-sellout with just obstructed view and single seats available…
THE JUNKYARD DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- The Rays made it official: Juan Cruz, Jake McGee and Cesar Ramos are on the opening day roster. [The Heater]
- So far, the players sound happy with the new AstroTurf. [TampaBay.com]
- Jorge Arangure Jr. writes about the Rays new baseball academy in Brazil. [ESPN]
- Some fans are planning to protest Governor Rick Scott at the Rays home opener tomorrow. [TBO.com]
- Amanda Rykoff got Joe Maddon to open up a bit about Joe Maddon. [ESPNW]
- Don Zimmer, who is to be inducted into the Cincinnati Public Schools Athletic Hall of Fame next month, spoke with his hometown paper. He was a first-team all-state quarterback in 1948. [Cincinnati.com]
- Tom Scherberger reviews the new food items at The Trop. [TampaBay.com]