Want a one-foot by one-foot piece of the Rays old FieldTurf? It will cost you $25 at next weekend’s FanFest, and all proceeds go to charity. For comparison, the Yankees sold one square-foot chunks of old Yankee Stadium sod for $120.
Of course, the Yankees may have missed their price-mark. Two years later, and they still haven’t sold all of the sod.
THE JUNKYARD DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- Major League Baseball teams gave free agents a lot of money this winter. [Business Insider]
- Here is a transcript of Johnny Damon’s recent interview with JP Peterson of WQYK 1010 AM. [Sports Radio Interviews]
- David Bloom makes a case for giving Matt Joyce a long-term contract. [Rays Baseball Factory]
- First it was wild boars, now it is bats. Actually we told you about this last week, but here is a video clip of the bats at the Rays Spring Training complex. [Big League Stew]
- Manny Delcarmen turned down an offer from the Rays to join the Mariners. [Seattle P-I]
- Casey Kotchman, BJ Upton and Scott Kazmir all make Tom Singer’s list of “Re-Start All-Stars.” [MLB]
- Josh Hamilton signed a two-year deal with the Rangers for $24 million. [MLB Trade Rumors]