What can only be described as “must see TV,” is this video report from JB Long of Bright House Sports.
The clip includes a great sequence in which Joe Maddon is actually instructing Manny Ramirez on the art of hitting. And Manny seems receptive to it. Even more fun, JoeMa is instructing Manny in Spanish.
But maybe the best part of the entire video comes in the final 4-5 seconds, as can be seen in the screenshot above. It is Dave Martinez lurking in the background with his new beard. After hearing about how the Red Sox investigated Carl Crawford, if we didn’t know that was Dave, we would swear it was a Red Sox investigator in a cheap disguise.
THE JUNKYARD DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- I was a guest on “Outside the Apple” for NY Baseball Digest. You can hear the audio here. [NYBD]
- Is there a correlation between how many games a team wins in the spring and how many games they win during the regular season? Maybe not. [Business Insider]
- Robinson Chirinos who could convince the Rays to trade Kelly Shoppach at some point this season, talks about his transition to being a catcher. [TBO.com]
- Johnny Damon on his relationship with his new teammates: “I feel like I’ve been their teammate for a while, and it’s only been a couple of weeks. These guys have come to accept me and embrace me.” [SI.com]
- Chad Durbin may be close to a deal with the Indians. The Rays were thought to be one of the finalists for the reliever. [MLBTR]
- Joe Smith writes about what Joel Peralta has overcome to get to this point in his career. [TampaBay.com]
Manny Ramirez takes batting practice off of Jake McGee
Dane de la Rosa goofing off