I apologize for the lack of posts over the last 24 hours. But on the same day that Manny Ramirez reported to the Rays spring training complex (5 days early, way to go Manny!), my second daughter reported for duty in the Rayshead Army.
Clare Maguire was born yesterday. Mrs. Prof and Baby Prof are doing great.
THE JUNKYARD DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- Gary Shelton on Stuart Sternberg and his quest for a new stadium: “…if Sternberg hasn’t given up on Tampa Bay, then perhaps Tampa Bay should not give up on him.” [TampaBay.com]
- Manny Ramirez has a chip on his shoulder (video). Oh yeah, and all three of his sons are named “Manny.” [TampaBay.com]
- JP Howell’s new target date
to return is early or mid-May. [TampaBay.com]
- Every week through May, the Rays are giving away a free lunch for your office, to be served by Raymond (and maybe other people). Sign up here. [MLB]
- JB Long spoke with Jeremy Hellickson for a few minutes about his expectations for 2011, being short and his nickname “Hellboy.” [Bay9news.com]
- We had heard Lance Cormier’s name mentioned as a possible last minute addition to the Rays bullpen, but he signed with the Dodgers. [Miami Herald]
- There were also some that were hoping the Rays would pick up Russell Branyan to play first base, but he signed with the Diamondbacks. [Hardball Talk]
- Fangraphs takes a look at how Joe Maddon might utilize different pitchers in his bullpen. [Fangraphs]