JB Long of the Bright House Sports Network passed along this little nugget about Manny Ramirez’ first morning with the Rays (via Twitter)…

Fan tells me he was in team store this morning. Manny walked in and asked where the clubhouse is.

And so it begins…

1. Connie says:

That’s awesome….at the very least this will be entertaining!

2. SeanDubbs says:

Out of curiosity, what makes this post worthy?

• Mike says:

Seriously? Well, I’m going to go out on a limb here and guess that if this is Prof’s website, and Prof wrote it, then he probably deemed it “worthy.” Now if by “worthy” you actually meant “relevant,” then the answer is, because the story is awesome. Can you imagine being a fan and being in the shop when Manny walked in on his first day in uniform? Only Manny.

• SeanDubbs says:

Manny is capable of taking over the press coverage for an entire team. Everyone knows that. I understand this is Rays related as well but asking for directions to the clubhouse is anticlimactic to me personally. I’m all for “Manny being Manny” I’m just not looking forward to the overkill that comes with it I guess. I take it Dirk Hayhurst and Kyle Farnsworth must have used Google Maps to find the clubhouse while Manny did it the old fashioned way.

• Derek says:

lol. The irony here is ironic.

• Cork Gaines says:

Because Manny plays for the Rays? Was this a trick question?

• MJ says:

The fact that it’s funny. Loosen up.

• Raysfan137 says:

I’m with SeanDubbs on this. This did not come across as an innocent post of a funny incident. The title of “Manny being Manny” and then closing with “and so it begins” are the relevant points. We’re all a bit nervous about how Manny’s going to act and thus impact this team. But neither he nor the Rays deserve the media (and I include bloggers in that) to try to make “Manny being Manny” incident about him asking for direction to the clubhouse. I didn’t see anything in the post about him arriving early ? Is that Manny being Manny ? Now maybe some humor around a fan not recognizing him because no way Manny arrives to camp early ….

• Cork Gaines says:

“I didn’t see anything in the post about him arriving early ?”

It’s ok, you must have missed the post earlier in the day where I mentioned it followed by a “way to go Manny!”

3. Gus says:

Because it confirms everyone’s assumption that Manny is an idiot — literally, a very confused person who can’t read signs.

Hopefully he is one who can still hit a baseball without the assistance of women’s fertility drugs.

• Beth says:

Hey, as long as he’s not urinating in the gift shop I’m OK with it (and in case this just sounds crude and random, I’m thinking of the allegations that he used to relieve himself in some little storage area behind the Green Monster in Fenway).

Well look at it this way …with Ramirez here MAYBE the talk about attendance and the Trop being a horrible place will be cut to a minimum!
    Problem: Manny will screw with the media and the fans till he gets tired of it (July?)…than sh** will hit the fan(s)…literally…maybe Maddon….

5. robert says:

When he beats up the cashier at the store that will be news…

• Cork Gaines says:

Yep, that would be news. But I don’t think anybody was arguing that this is news. It’s just an anecdote I was passing along.

• Raysfan137 says:

You didn’t just pass it along. You wrapped it around a bunch of cynicism. C’mon guys. I hated it when they signed Manny instead of Vlad. But he’s here, for a 1/5th the pay of that guy whose name rhymes with Fat Girl (can’t say it). Can we give him a week or so before pull the Manny vs. Manny stuff out ? Mathematically, the odds are his past behavior is clearly predicting his future behavior. But that doesn’t mean there’s zero hope, does it ? There’s at least an infinitesimal chance he’s sincere about turning a new leaf.

• robert says:

Sorry, Manny just rubs me the wrong way, as he will everyone that roots for this team sooner or later. Here are the Manny Rules:

Says he in the best shape of his life.

Says all the right things.

His teammates say all the right things.

Fans fall in love with the goof.

Sometime before the All-Star Break something will happen.

Injury. Real or Imagined.

Craziness.

Tantrums.

Clubhouse Issues.

Bye, Bye, Manny…

6. Kelsey says:

I guess no one likes to hear a funny quote and take it how it is… just a little laughter people, nothing serious.

7. What’s with all the MannysBay hate? He’s the greatest thing to happen to this team this off season. Without him, we’d be wondering how the hell this team was going to compete this year with the God awful bullpen that’s setting up. Instead, between Manny, Damon, & Longo… we at least have some hope that this team can bail out the bullpen with some true run production!

And remember this, a lot of what you think you know about Manny comes from some very biased BS out of Boston. That team hasn’t won jack or s*** since they sent Manny packing.

8. robert says:

Biased? He beat up (or at least knocked down) a sixty-something year old man, the team’s traveling secretary. And why? Over tickets…