[Update] We have added some pictures from our very own Joe. You can find the rest of Joe’s gallery here.

Here are a few pictures from today’s FanFest. We will update as more come in…

[imagebrowser id=5]

1. Neal says:

It was a blast. The wife and I got our picture with Joe Maddon, got to eat some of his Thanksmas dinner. Good time. The new field looks good in person, not too unnaturally bright like it looked in some of the photos.

Just got back myself....1/2 in the bag...what a great time...must of been 30/40/50 thousand people in/out all day....
    Don't know much about what other teams do for fans at the beginning of the season but.... this was it....plus season tickets (8 games) as low as $99... come on.... it doesn't get any better.. Damon there at least 1/2 day....most all the other players... plus Maddon...thank you very much!

3. Sarah says:

Thanks for posting these, for those of us who couldn't make it. A few thoughts on the photos: I love how Longoria looks TOTALLY enthralled playing a video game. And that photo of Price seeming to rub his left hand, presumably after signing autographs, has me a little worried -- David's left hand is very valuable to this team. Maybe they should leave the autograph signing to the position players, or a least teach him to write with his right hand!

4. David Bloom says:

Good job posting and giving credit to the picture takers. I am jealous of that cool picture widget you have on the website. Ken Rosenthal in attendance. Classic!

• Joe says:

David, I too thought the same thing....Ironically, Peter Gammons also was a guest at FanFest I believe prior to the 08 season and BOTH have direct pipelines to the Rays front office. It's too striking, but this man is NOT a friend of Rays fans, never was and never will be. I brought this up before and I find his participation a bit of slap.

5. I can't imagine they sold all the old turf, think they might put it for sell online?

• Cork Gaines says:

Was wondering same thing. Let me see if I can find out.

• Corky,
        I put that question to a few people in the Rays Promotions/Operations/Rays Baseball Foundation yesterday.
        They wanted to "get done" with Fan fest and re-energize on Monday. Thought another possible date to sell the turf would be at the March 31st last Spring Training game in the Trop.
        I will email you if I get the news.

• Cork Gaines says:

That's what I heard today. Sounds like there will be several opportunities to buy the old turf, but nothing specific planned yet. and of course all money will go to charity.

6. Jason W says:

What was Ken Rosenthal doing there? I wouldn't guess him to be a Rays fan seeing as he told us to just give up last season and from what I've, is mostly a Yankee donkey kisser.

7. Gatorbuc15 says:

Nice pics Cork. Wish I could have gone. :(

Scott, Don't worry.... me and Maddon are buddies...but his spaghetti sucks...we talk about his next chance to coach/mgt. in Cal....where he wants to be anyway...Also don't worry about the lineup..its going to be different everyday... and in the 7/8/9th inning there will be a different pitcher for every batter....so how are you going to help him?

9. MJ says:

Some good shots, thanks.

10. Gus says:

A team eviscerates its roster and still have tens of thousands show up in February.

One more piece of evidence that the northern writers who declare the market has no interest in baseball are clueless (this includes you, Rosenthal).

I think Sternberg may be coming to the conclusion that the building of the franchise is a long-term process and that the fans are getting hooked. Once in the DNA of a community, pro sports is tough to get out of that community.