The Rays are one of five teams to offer Guillermo Mota a minor league contract. Of those teams, Mota is said to be deciding between the Dodgers, Giants and Rays.

At this site we have always leaned more towards telling you what the Rays will likely do, rather that what the Rays should do. But in this case, if the Rays sign Mota, a small piece of our Rays fandom will die.

Why? Because of his relentless head-hunting of Mike Piazza back in 2002 and 2003. And when Mota finally sent one last pitch sailing at Piazza’s head, and Piazza had enough, Mota ran to the dugout.

You can watch the full-video here. An absolute classless ass-clown.

1. Brendan says:

Whats driving me nuts is the Red Sux's signing Wheeler and Jenks.

2. Agreed. Mota is a punk. Don't forget, this is also the guy who pissed off Prince Fielder in a beanball incident and was once suspended for performance enhancing drugs. Real class act. One of my least favorite players in baseball.

• Greg says:

I was thinking about the PEDs too. Cork didn't even get to that. Man, the names that are popping up on the Rays radar are brutal.

3. phil says:

don't sign him!

4. Razzlegator says:

Would you want this chickensh!t watching your back. Jonny Gomes he's not.

5. Billy says:

Mota, Sheffield, Canseco...

PLEASE tell me the pickings are not this slim.

• phil says:

jonny damon...adam laroche ...jon raush ....grant balfour...sorriano....billy hall...rick ankiel...manny ramierz..qualls....wheeler.....still available

• Frank says:

Nady for 1.5m .. sounds pretty good for left.. gone. I agree w/ all that just playing youth is the right move.. unless Damon agress to come for right price.. He can hit above .200 at least. Grant come home!! we need you.. promise to keep Hickenator away ..

THis is when we hit the bottom of the over the hill gang...
    Forget that bullshit...if were going to get beat play the kids...
    ENOUGH with these kind of signings!

• Boxauthor says:

Ok. You know what? On this one, I agree with Don.

• Charles says:

Don, we should mark this day down in history - you and I aren't on the same page much (I'm sure you'll agree), but I am 100% with you on this one. Signing Mota gets us nothing that a AAA guy we already control for baseball chump change doesn't already provide.

7. stunna says:

JUST SAY NO. Mota is old, below average, and a complete piece of shit.

8. Greg says:

Mota signing with the Giants - crisis averted!