Joe Maddon announced (via Marc Topkin) that he expects all of his coaches to be back in 2011. Of course, that includes hitting coach Derek Shelton.
And we thought this week couldn’t get any worse.
THE JUNKYARD DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- Ken Rosenthal reports that Dave Martinez will interview for the Blue Jays managerial job. Still think Don Wakamatsu would be a great replacement if Martinez leaves. [Twitter]
- Carl Crawford on his future: “I know it’s a high possibility I probably won’t be back next year.” Yes, Carl, we know. No need to twist the knife. [St. Pete Times]
- Roger Mooney writes that the bullpen could have a big shake-up this winter. If we were to target one guy to bring back it would be Joaquin Benoit, but even that is going to be a longshot. [Tampa Tribune]
- Evan Longoria is not the only Dirtbag in baseball. In fact, there are quite a few. Yeah, but Longoria is The Dirtbag. [Hardball Talk]
- Those that will be back in 2011 are confident that the Rays can remain competitive. We’ll go on the record now, 78-84, fading late. [St. Pete Times]
- The Bucs are starting to get a little banged up…By the way, did you guys see that Joe Theismann bought the Florida Tuskers of the UFL? [Joe Bucs Fan]
- Local TV ratings for Rays games were up 77% this season. Only 6 more years until the Rays can cash in. [Twitter]
- Those BRaysers are now available for purchase. Boy, they timed that one well, huh? [Tampa Bay Rays]